A live bomb detection and contraband imaging system that can detect metal and non-metal dangerous materials hidden on persons or underneath their clothes from a safe distance without contact
- In indoor spaces, display of dangerous metal and non-metal objects hidden underneath clothes with 5 cm resolution from 6 m distance
- In outdoor spaces, display of dangerous metal objects hidden underneath clothes with 3 cm resolution from 10 m distance
- Some examples from displayable objects:
- Weapons, pistols, rifles, knives, etc.
- Live bomb, explosive mechanisms, etc.
- Contrabands: Heroin/drugs, tobacco, cigarettes, meat, alcohol, liquid, live animal, etc.
Two passive Terahertz imaging systems, developed by TÜBİTAK MAM with no harmful effect on human health, have been placed for pilot use at the security check point of a port of entry and put into active use.
Border and Customs Gates
National Police Department