Prior to installation of nuclear power plants (NGS); creation of background data by making geological research for getting a ground license, and monitoring critical parameters before and after installation such as earthquakes, fault-lines, ground deformations and radioactive isotopes
Capabilities of Earth and Marine Sciences Institute:
- High resolution earthquake catalogue production
- Determination of fault mechanisms,
- Imaging shallow and deep structures of faults
- Determination and monitoring of earthquake deformations
- Determination and mapping of geological and geomorphological elements
- Consultancy at the meetings of "Senior Seismic Hazard Analysis Committee (SSHAC)"
- Iodine-129 analysis with Accelerated Mass Spectrometry and preparation of regional density and distribution maps of radioisotopes
Geological databases for the ground license of Sinop Nuclear Power Plant installation site were created between 2012 and 2017 as part of a project conducted for Electricity Generation Company.